Thursday, July 28, 2016

The New Ice Cream @ YUMMY CONE!



Yummy Cone
Location: 7191 Yonge St., Unit 103A (Yonge St. & Steeles Ave.)
Access: Along YRT / VIVA Bus Route, Parking Available
Blogsters' Rating: 4/5


Their pizza cones caught my eyes ever since the first time I saw a picture of it on Instagram. I didn't pay much attention to them at first until more and more pictures of them started appearing on my feed. I've got to admit, making a pizza into a cone is a really unique concept because eating pizza can sometimes get really messy. 


Anyhow, I went for a visit with a Groupon deal. My first impression of Yummy Cone was that the place was really small, had limited seats, and the layout of it was a little bit awkward (maybe because I was the only one in the restaurant at the time). I ordered the Yummy Cone Special with Tornado Fries and a drink. The Yummy Cone Special is made with pepperoni, bacon, sausage, green peppers, red peppers, hot banana peppers, mushrooms, cheddar & mozzarella cheese. The food is freshly made with each order, which also meant the waiting time is a little longer than usual. 


The size of the pizza cone was relatively small. You definitely can't have this as a meal, only as a snack. However, the taste was actually pretty good, I'd say even better than most of the big pizza chains out there. There were a lot of toppings inside the cone, probably twice the amount of toppings you would get on a regular pizza slice. Surprisingly, the cone did not get soggy and remained crispy throughout. However, I was a little disappointed with the Tornado Fries because it was over-cooked to the point where most part of it was black. Every bite of it was bitter.


Next time I visit Yummy Cone, I will probably try their poutine since it was recommended by one of their staffs. Nonetheless, it was a great experience and perfect for an "on the go" snack.

Peace out,
Janet

Yummy Cone Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment