Friday, April 24, 2015

Faceshop White Seed Exfoliating Foam Cleanser [Beauty Review]


White Seed Exfoliating Foam Cleanser
Volume: 140 mL
Price: $14 CAD
Blogsters' Rating: 5/5

When it comes to cleansers, I always like to use a fine exfoliator. With the many exfoliating cleansers that I've tried, it's hard to find one with the right texture, consistency and hydration. A rule of thumb for me when it comes to picking a cleanser is that it has to leave the face feeling clean and fresh yet it can't be drying out or stimulating my sensitive skin.

Why I purchased this over other cleansers?
The first time I encountered this product was when I received a sample of the White Tree Snow Exfoliating Cleanser in the summer of 2014. I absolutely loved the texture and finish of it and went on a hunt for the full size. However, I had no luck after going to several locations and learned that they might not be returning to the stores. Until my recent visit to Faceshop, I found out that they phased out the White Tree Snow cleanser and launched the White Seed line with this exfoliating cleanser that has the same formula.

What it does?
It's a skin brightening cleanser that exfoliates the skin with very fine beads. It also leaves the skin feeling hydrated and smooth.




Texture
Comes out in a thick paste with a pearly lustre, contains very fine beads (or seeds) that exfoliate the skin very well. Consistency of the paste, density and size of beads are perfect for me. Lathers and foams as it's worked through the face. Just a pea size amount of product is enough to lather up the whole face.

Scent
Very mild natural plant-based scent. Overall a pleasant smell that's not too overpowering.

Finish
Skin feels clean and smooth yet it doesn't feel dry after exfoliation like a lot of other exfoliating cleansers I've used. Skin feels hydrated yet not sticky or greasy.

What I don't like about this product?
The only thing to watch out for when using this cleanser - Avoid getting it into your eyes! Because of its brightening ingredients, it did sting my eyes and made them tear up quite a bit the first time I used it. 

Will I purchase it again?
Yes. I'm happy with the texture, price and performance of this cleanser and will definitely purchase it again.

5 comments:

  1. would you use twice daily? once daily? or less?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anna, I only use this cleanser to exfoliate once a day (at night) since I have dry skin =]

      Delete
  2. Would it also remove impurities such as pimple marks?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This cleanser definitely does a good job removing impurities like access oil and makeup. I believe that it does help to lighten acne scars over time with its brightening properties but I wouldn't say that the product is able to completely remove them.

      Delete
  3. It does not have side effect?

    ReplyDelete