Thursday, March 3, 2016

LOVE ME SWEET Japanese Cheesecake


Love Me Sweet Japanese Cheesecake
Address: 7181 Yonge Street, Unit #16
Access: Along YRT & VIVA bus route, free parking available
Price: $10 per cheesecake
Blogsters' Rating: 5/5


The much anticipated opening of Love Me Sweet is finally here!  At first, I was very skeptical about Love Me Sweet and thought, "Oh, it's just another cheesecake place". However, I kept hearing good things about them from friends and other people around me, so I decided to give them a try.  They are currently offering two flavours of cheesecake: original and chocolate.  I payed them a visit on a random day before their actual grand opening.  I was unaware of the high demand for their cheesecakes until the staff told me that it would be best if I call in to reserve my cake.  Luckily, I got my hands onto one of their original flavours (the chocolate were all sold out).


The design of the store was quite minimalistic.  As you can tell, their main colour was this coral orange red, which really caught my attention.  Over 80 different drawings were displayed on one of the wall; it would probably take a whole day just to go through and analyze all these intricate drawings.  Nonetheless, the artwork adds an interesting theme to the whole bakery.


I noticed that the packaging of Love Me Sweet was very similar to Uncle Tetsu.  From the cardboard box to the cotton cloth, it's exactly like Uncle Tetsu's. Since I don't have much knowledge about cheesecake, I would have to give them the benefit of the doubt and say that this is actually the best way to keep the freshness, moisture, and flavour of the cheesecake until it is being consumed.


Here's a look at the cheesecake; it looks just like any other cheesecake. The logo of "Love Me Sweet" was actually engraved on the cake, however, you might have a hard time seeing it among the wrinkles of the cake. The texture of the cake was very soft, almost to a point where I felt like it was too soft. As I was cutting the cake, it started to crumble and fell apart.  I love how their cheesecakes have a lot more cheese flavour compared to Uncle Tetsu's.  Also, the cake was very light, airy, and smooth, and could probably be eaten without any teeth because it simply melts in your mouth.  

I would definitely pay them a visit again because I have yet to try their chocolate flavour cheesecake and I really admire their service.  They take phone orders, which means you are guaranteed to have a cheesecake in your hand with no line ups =)  Plus, there are no limitations on how many cheesecake you can purchase.  If any of you have a sweet tooth like me, do give them a try, and remember to call them and reserve your cheesecake =)


xoxo,
Janet
Love Me Sweet Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment