Sunday, June 26, 2016

FACEShop Olive Essential Toner


FACEShop Olive Essential Toner
Price: $12 CAD
Blogsters' Rating: 4/5

Today we bring to you one of our favourite toner from the Korean Makeup/ skincare brand- Faceshop. Traditionally, toner is used to neutralize PH level on the face and shrink the appearance of pores but Japanese/ Korean toners also moisturize. The Olive Essential Toner is one of the most moisturizing toner I've ever used and has become a staple in my skincare routine.

Texture/ Colour
It is translucent white in colour with a thick texture that is heavier than most other toner I've used. However, it glides on the skin very smoothly. After the product has been absorbed, the skin doesn't feel sticky or greasy yet feels clean and moisturized. 

Moisture
Usually toner is the first step of my skincare routine after washing my face. So it is the closest layer to the skin and helps lock in moisture. 

Application 
Aside from applying the essential toner to a fresh clean face, I also like to add a drop to my CC cream / foundation and mixing it in before applying it to my face. I find that the product would stick on the skin better and blends smoother. It also gives you a nice healthy, moisturize glow and streak-free guaranteed!  

I guess the only downside to this toner is that it contains alcohol. For those of you who use ionic facial machines (ie. Hada Crie) like myself, this is unfortunately not a suitable product for it.

I would probably purchase this product again for its moisturizing properties. 

If you like FACEShop, also check out my review on FACEShop White Seed Exfoliating Foam Cleanser.

Stay tuned for more skincare product reviews and feel free to drop us a few lines with any suggestions or what you want to see on Blogsters Beauty! Cheers~


2 comments:

  1. Hi I have this toner as well and love the texture because I have severely dry skin. Do you know any other toner that has this kind of thick texture?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Akoni! Yes I also used another toner with a similar texture from Japan called "Hada Labo Gokujyn Hyaluronic Acid Lotion" It's also very moisturizing and around the same price range. Hope this helps! Cheers~

      Delete