Wednesday, July 20, 2016

CAPLANSKY'S DELI | Convert to Chewish


Caplansky's Deli
Location: 156 Cumberland St. (Bloor St & Avenue Rd.)
Access: Along TTC subway Route (Bay Exit)
Blogsters' Rating: 3/5

Caplansky's recently opened a new deli in the Yorkville area. Knowing nothing much about Caplansky's Deli besides their Smoke Meat Sandwich from a few of my friends and colleagues, I decided to give it a visit the other day.  


The very first thing that I noticed when I walked in was the friendly staff. They were very welcoming and attentive. As soon as they found out that this was my first time at Caplansky's, they recommended their original Smoke Meat Sandwich. They claimed that this is one of their signature sandwiches, and also their best seller. Hence, I ordered a Smoke Meat Sandwich with fries.

While waiting for my order, a staff showed me their Pickle & Mustard Bar. As a fan of mustard, I naturally fell in LOVE. There were a total of five different kinds of mustards that you can choose from. 

.Classic Ballpark Yellow Mustard
.Russian Honey Mustard
.Mild & Delicious Deli Mustard
.Hot & Horseradishy Deli Mustard
.Super Extra-Hot Deli Mustard


To be honest, I wanted to try all of them but I chose the two that appealed to me the most - Russian Honey Mustard and Hot & Horseradishy Deli Mustard. As soon as I was done choosing my mustards, my food was ready for pick up. Perfect timing =)


It was a BIG sandwich! The meat was probably over an inch thick, sandwiched between two slices of crisp bread. When I took my first bite of the Smoke Meat Sandwich, I was immediately impressed with the tenderness and taste of the smoke meat (my concern about having smoke meat was it being too dry and tough to eat). The meat was sliced thinly and all the juice was dripping at every bite. Their very own spice rub also added a lot of flavours to the meat, but was not overpowering. After finishing half of the sandwich, I decided to move on to the fries because I knew that inhaling the whole sandwich would leave me no room. Their fries were actually one of the best I've had (beside McDonald's of course!). They were thinly chopped, perfectly cooked, and well-seasoned. They also had a distinctive taste that I will never forget.

Until next time Blogstees!

Love,
Janet


Caplansky's Deli Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment