Sunday, September 24, 2017

Satisfying My Sweet Tooth @ Delysees!!



Delysees
Location: 780 King Street West
Access: TTC street car, street parking available
Price: $10-15 per person
Blogster's Rating: 3/5


I drove by Delysees everyday going to work. This day I just couldn't resist the temptation of their baked goods and went for a visit. the very first thing I noticed in the store was (of course) their beautiful display. Savoury baked good,s chocolates, macaroons, ecliars, and mini cakes; you name it, they have it.


It took me awhile to sink in and actually see what they have to offer. Finally, I got a box of macaroons and three mini cakes.


The strawberry cheesecake was the best out of the three cakes. it was light and fluffy. the cheese flavour was to the point, and it did not overpower he strawberries. i love the jello texture in the middle of the cake. It adds a touch to the overall texture of the cake. I have to say the strawberry on top was not fresh. You can see the left was yellow/brown, which ruined the presentation of the cake. i personally think that they could have used fresher fruits or they could at least take off the yellow/brown leaf on the strawberry. The base of the cheesecake was made out of ingredients similar to granola bar (oats/rice krispies perhaps?). i like their innovative idea of using something different than graham crackers for the base of a cheesecake 



The Lemon Meringue Tart was original, made with lemon filling with lightly torched cream on top. The taste was very similar to others I have had before. I also find the pie crust a little too thick and it dries out your mouth with every bite. Lemon zest could be added to the filling for more texture and freshness.


I was disappointed with the Lime Matcha Pistachio Slab. The lime flavour overpower both the matcha and pistachio. Even though, matcha has a strong and distinct flavour, I can only taste a little bit of it. The taste of pistachio was very minimal to none. I think the cake would be better if lime was taken out, as the two ingredients, matcha and pistachio, compliment each other very well. This cake was more sponge like out of the three.


I was excited to try their macaroons. I had them sitting on my table for 10 minutes and I noticed that they started to melt. Some of the food colouring actually melted off and stained my table. I'm pretty sure it was because the fridge at Delysees was at a much lower temperature, so their pastries cannot be left sitting in room temperature for long. The same thing actually happened to my colleague's mini cake. She got the cake that was topped with a macaroon. She said after 20 mins or so, the cake started to melt and the macaroon fell off with the coating of the cake.


Anyhow, I had the navy blue macaroon with shiny flakes on it. I guess it belongs to one of their champagne collections. The macaroon was very sweet. It was so sweet that I couldn't taste any other flavour. You can probably only have one or two macaroons at most in one sitting because of the sweetness.


The service at Delysees was okay. The girl who was serving us looked pissed off the whole time, but she did eveything else to serve us. For example, choosing her favourite macaroons for us because we didn't know which ones are good. 


The store was clean and considering they are a bakery, the store was very spacious. They even have several tables for customers to hangout and enjoy their coffee.

That's it guys!
Janet
Delysees Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment