Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Too Cool For School ART CLASS by Rodin


Too Cool For School Art Class By Rodin
Price: ~$16 CAD
Blogsters' Rating: 4.5/5

Yayyy!! I have waited for this contouring kit for close to three weeks and I finally got it in the mail -   Too Cool for School Art Class By Rodin!!  I have been in need of a contouring palette, and decided to give this a try, as I am seeing it everywhere - on magazines, makeup websites, and YouTube videos.


The packaging for Art Class by Rodin is quite unique.  It really defines the reason why they have used "Art Class" as part of their name, as the appearance of the product is very much like an art piece.  The inspirations that made Rodin create this palette is also hidden inside the box.  The compact comes with a mirror, which comes very handy at times.  Also, the material feels very sturdy, not flimsy at all.  The slim design made is easier for travel.  The only downside is that you'll have to carry a brush along.


This palette comes in three different shades - a light brown, medium ash brown, and warm dark brown.  Since Too Cool for School is a Korean brand, the colour of this contouring kit is made to compliment the Asian skin tone, to achieve the most natural contouring effect.  I love how all three of the colours are very natural, and does not appear to be muddy or orangey.  I never have the feeling that I have dirt on my face with this contouring palette.  In addition, besides being a contouring kit, this palette can also be used as eye shadows.  The combination of these brown colours can create an everyday or work appropriate look.



This contouring kit also has a matte finish for the most natural effect.  If you would like a contouring palette that can create a more dramatic Kim K look, then you would have to keep looking.


The light brown colour in this palette is very close to my skin tone, maybe just a tad bit lighter.  As a result, it doesn't really do much for me.  I wish it has some shimmers in it, so that I could use it as a highlight on my nose bridge and on the high points of my face.
The medium ash brown is a perfect shade for nose contour.  I apply it to the sides of my nose bridge, the tip of the nose, and a little bit just under the front of my eyebrow to achieve a slimmer and taller nose.
Lastly, the medium dark brown is great for contouring the whole face, slimming down the jawline and hairline.


I would definitely repurchase this product again, but I feel like I don't have to in a very long time because you use very little of it every time and there's a lot of product inside the compact.  I have been to Too Cool for School website recently and noticed that they have released a similar product for highlighting.  If I have the chance, I would like to try out that product too.

xoxo,
Janet

No comments:

Post a Comment